14 April 2010

Strange Things Are Afoot

In the laundry room.
I have a wild affair with laundry day. It's hot and cold. On again, off again. Today was a good day. We spent a few hours together and cleared some things up. It had been awhile since we've seen each other. Our relationship isn't perfect, but show me someone who has a good relationship with laundry day.

Laundry day inspires me, leaves me half-naked, and is always stressful.

Laundry day's influence is apparent in one of my previous works.

Laundry day is needy. Takes my time and money. And is obsessed with quarters for some reason. I thought this was 2010? Who uses quarters anymore? I hate going to the bank just to withdraw quarters from my account. I feel like it is one of those mundane errands that is made even more annoying by the fact that I can't function without doing it. Like grocery shopping. If I had unlimited funds I would send servants to withdraw quarters for me.

I can never seem to dress right around laundry day. I'm either in shabby mismatched grubbies and I feel awkward, or I go in my normal clothes and I get judged by laundry day's friends in the laundry room.

It's also stressful because laundry day always insists upon sneaking up on me. I am just going about my week like regular until I realize I haven't seen laundry day in awhile and then bam! laundry day is right behind me.

I know laundry day is good for me. I'm sure we'll sort out our issues.


[I know it's not manly, but it is funny. Keep following because next time I will tell you why whale meat is awesome.]

4 comments:

  1. well hello, my new follower :) i think i'll follow you back - you're a great writer. wanna be friends?

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I had unlimited funds I would send servants to withdraw quarters for me. --I like this bit.

    Also, You seem to have an intimate relationship w/ laundry. I'm sensing a blog motif here. Also, if you want to see the disastrous effects of my laundry day... read my blog "Humiliating"

    Also, Day one of no biting. Success!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It seems we have a similar beef with laundry. I had a close call yesterday but I'm still going strong.

    ReplyDelete