14 February 2014

What I'm Looking For

This will be my most fruitless attempt to arrive somewhere.

I'm looking for comfortable silence. For someone who gets the same at-home-sleepy feeling when they hear the hollow sound of church bells; and knows where to find them. I'm looking for a perfect balance of hard-grit tenacity and quirkiness. Someone who isn't defeated by the challenges of unbridled wilderness or the hard-nosed socially prodding questions of Aunty Lucille. Someone with poise. Someone with shameless goofiness.

Someone who can fall like Belgian rain and shine like an Alpen lake.

I'm looking for someone who knows when to hold my hand and when to rub my back. Someone who knows that in imperfection lays beauty. I'm looking for someone who feels like laughing at the most inappropriate times -- like me. Someone who carries Shakespeare and  Dumb and Dumber simultaneously on their tongue.
Who sees books as sages. Who has a favorite dish at The Bombay House. Who knows that they don't speak Swedish in Switzerland. Who wants desperately to return to Celestial glory. Who has their own opinion. Who will disagree with me. Who will tell me when I'm being ridiculous.

I'm looking for someone who is willing to walk through fields of gold. Someone who makes the sun jealous in his sky. Someone who knows what those things mean.

Someone whose footsteps are as equally ruled by whim as they are obedience. Someone who can handle my brother. Who knows that the real romance languages are unspoken. Someone who can talk my ear off. Someone who will show everyone in the room who they are. Who is excited by the idea of smells and tastes unknown. Someone who is OK with the idea of taking a spontaneous weekend trip to Vegas, or would even suggest it. Someone who knows where they are going but is not quite sure how they will get there.

I'm looking for someone I can trust with my heart because I know they can break it.

 In short, I'm looking for fire.

[Keep following, but before you comment, I know it's too much to ask.]
[Keep following]

No comments:

Post a Comment